Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

my locks 8.22.10




well here are my locks as of this august 22. theyre really growing long and full, and now it's more difficult to see the oddities that i call my parts lol. i've added a ton of little broken sterling silver jewelry pieces and most people tend to think they look really nice. i can also pull them all into a ponytail at the back of my head now lol, a feat i've been dying to do since i got them. they are officially 2 years and 4 months old, and the growth really isn't all that bad for that time frame, considering that they fell right to the lobes of my ears when i first started. i love it because my hair is ALWAYS done for nearly free...i spend appx. 10.00 a month to keep them up, including shampoo and beeswax. i used to use anything and everything to keep them in place but now i see that murrays dark beeswax does the job the best, so i use it. most hair grades can't take the stiffness and stickiness of beeswax, but within a week my hair has eaten it alive and needs another application after a good washing. and i find that the black wax is a bit stiffer hold than the light, so i've been using it. murrays is by far the best grade of wax for my hair, other than homemade, which i haven't been able to do for a while.
i'm currently thinking about tying some more silver wire around the roots of my locks in the front of my head to keep them in place. i did that in the summer of 2008 and it really helped alot. at this point however you have to look hard *or my hair has to have a fresh black dye job* to see the wire because my hair has basically twisted and locked all around them. thank goodness metal detectors don't go off when i walk through...although i'm hoping i don't have to have any cat scans/mri's ever again. ha.

1 comment:

Ravenslove said...

They look Fabulous, They have come along way in two years.